Monday, October 3, 2011

Style My Mom

About me:

I am a new mother. A brand new mother.  A brand new mother who still cares about how she looks.

While I was pregnant, I was desperate to find fashion blogs dedicated to pregnancy fashion and how to dress with young kids.  My search results found surprisingly little, so I am starting my own "mom fashion blog" with 2 purposes:

1.  To keep myself in check, knowing that what I wear will be publicized to a certain extent.  This should keep me from yoga pants and hoodies.

2. To build fashion inspiration for myself and give fashion inspiration to others.

(Also, in hopes that one day I might be popular enough to get freebies!)

I am starting nearly from day 1 of being a mom.  My baby is just a couple of weeks old, and while I love her more than I thought I could love anyone or anything, this blog will not be about her.  It will not be about the trials of motherhood, diapering, or cute baby fashion.

This blog is solely dedicated to dressing and looking well while raising young kids.

I love shopping, clothes, and getting dressed, and I am totally confused at what it is going to be like to do this as a mother of an infant...while on a single income family budget.  While I was pregnant, most days I wore some variation of this outfit:



-Comfy sandals
-Solid ribbed Old Navy tank (that I stock up on once a year at the $2 tank sale)
-Stretchy knit maxi skirt
-A statement necklace to prove that I was still trying

The world definitely has a sense of grace for the appearance of an obviously very pregnant woman with a "basketbelly." Now, I have give myself a 4 week, post partum sort of "grace period" to wear whatever I throw on in the morning while I heal from birth and get used to this baby thing (usually yoga, athletic, or stretch pants, flip flops, and a tee).  When I am "normal" again, I will be expected by the world (and by myself, as well) to look presentable.  And I want to.

Let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment