Thursday, October 6, 2011

Beauty Thursdays- My 90 second facial

My baby is almost 4 weeks old already!  For me, it has felt like one loooong day.  As a new mom it's very easy to lose track of time, so it's easy to understand how sometimes it's 5pm and you haven't even brushed your teeth let alone showered or put on makeup.  I have found a wonderful little beauty routine that I call my "90 second facial" to be just the thing I need sometimes.  It makes my face glow and ready for a little concealer and blush (which is vital when you look like death walking and, say, you realized that your husband is going to be home in 10 minutes or a friend has just called and said they are going to stop by.) 
thecompanystore.com

Step 1, 30 Seconds: Get your water as hot as you can possibly handle.  Wet a washcloth and wring it out, then cover your face and steam.  When you are done, wipe off all undereye makeup or other residue on your face.

target.com

Step 2, 30 Seconds: Dry your face and wipe with a Yes to Cucumbers facial towelette.  These are so nice and refreshing, I can't say enough about them.  Don't forget your neck and decolletage, as well!
Thalgo Energizing Vitality Cream

Step 3, 30 seconds: Take the time to rub your moisturizer in slowly and methodically, massaging your face and improving your circulation.  If your baby is crying, she can wait long enough for you to finish this part.

If you have time, cover your dark circles, put on some blush and lip gloss, and twist your hair into a "Parisian bun!"*

haironthebrain.com


*That's French for "dirty, messy bun"

No comments:

Post a Comment