Thursday, October 13, 2011

Beauty Thursday: Move it, Mom!

Available on Amazon





One of my friends gave me this book while I was pregnant, and  I think it's one of the best gifts I have ever received.  Every mom wants to get back into shape as fast as possible, but this author doesn't just tell you to start running the day your doctor gives you the go-ahead.  Patti Dunn first acknowledges that after having a baby, some women can't even jump up and down without peeing let alone work anything else in a now new and foreign area that we used to be very familiar with.

She really focuses on getting your core muscles back into working mode, starting with your pelvic floor (we're all familiar with kegels by now, right?), and moving your way into abs and back posture before ever prescribing a weight loss/ muscle building regimen (except walking).  Aside from the kegels, which I have been doing from day one, I plan on starting this at 6 weeks post partum on the dot.  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment