Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Red Pants For Fall

I fell in love with red skinnies when they came out on the Isabel Marant runway last fall.  While I admired them from afar, I would never wear leather pants.  Luckily, over the past year many cotton options have popped up from cord to twill to denim.  It has taken me a while to really want to commit to this look, so yeah, I'm about a year behind the European fashions. Ah, well.

My apprehension was based on the fact that I didn't want to invest in something that I may or may not be able to figure out how to work into my mom wardrobe.  I found this pair on knockout clearance at Victoria's Secret (thanks to love Maegan) (they may be sold out), and ordered them so that I could try it out *almost* risk free.  The second hurdle is figuring out how to wear them with more than just black, white or gray.  Here are some of my favorite "mom friendly" looks:

closetrich.com
lovemaegan.com



emersonmade.com
 This is my favorite look for mom style.   It looks comfy, easy, machine washable, and like something I could create out of what I already own.  Here it is styled for colder days:


Lastly, let's remember that red pants, bold as they are, can be done oh, so wrong.  Shudder.





Some good looking red skinnies I've found:

J Crew (corduroy $79.50)

J Brand (denim, $176)

Urban Outfitters (twill, $29)

No comments:

Post a Comment